Sept. 18, 2013 Why do I need a Crown?
A crown is a “cap” or cover Dr. Hyder can put on your tooth in order to restore it to its normal shape, color, size and function. The primary purpose of a crown is to make the tooth stronger.
You need a Crown if:
- You have a cavity that is too large to fill
- You need a cover over a dental implant
- Your tooth is cracked or broken down beyond a filling repair
- Your tooth is worn down or weakened
- Your tooth has had root canal treatment – the crown will protect the restored tooth
- You have a discolored or badly shaped tooth, to improve your smile